Laboratory Technicians / Technologists
– have a critical role in the successful execution and implementation of
the Quality Management System (QMS) in all phases of the pre-analytical, analytical
and post-analytical laboratory processes. Within their specific department,
each Laboratory Technologist ensures quality specimens for laboratory testing.
They follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to produce timely
and accurate data for patients, QC results, and Proficiency Testing (PT)
- Cultivate, isolate, and assist in identifying bacteria and other microbial organisms.
- Perform antibody susceptibility tests.
- Detect and identify infections from patient specimens.
- Perform various bacteriological mycological, virological, mycobacteriological and parasitological tests.
- Examine material for evidence of microbial organisms.
- Make parasitological tests of specimens.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- BSc degree in Medical Technology / Laboratory Technology
- DHA practice license for Dubai, MOH.
- Minimum of three (3) years as a Microbiologist
- Fluent in English, a second language an advantage
- Advantage: Experience in a CAP accredited laboratory, working under the supervision of a Pathologist certified by the American Board of Pathology