Laboratory Technicians / Technologists
– have a critical role in the successful execution and implementation of
the Quality Management System (QMS) in all phases of the pre-analytical,
analytical and post-analytical laboratory processes. Within their specific
department, each Laboratory Technologist ensures quality specimens for
laboratory testing. They follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in
order to produce timely and accurate data for patients, QC results, and
Proficiency Testing (PT) results.
- Extract, denature and purify DNA from assorted specimen types.
- Perform PCR, hybridization methods.
- Evaluate results to determine interference, inhibition, or other problems that arise during extraction amplification.
- Perform tests on chemical specimens and samples of tissue, fluids or other biological material in order to detect or diagnose illness, understand chemical composition, alter the sample, or to detect anomalies
Knowledge, skills and experience
- BSc degree in Medical Technology / Laboratory Technology
- DHA practice license for Dubai, MOH.
- Minimum of three (3) years as a Molecular Biology
- Fluent in English, a second language an advantage
- Advantage: Experience in a CAP accredited laboratory, working under the supervision of a Pathologist certified by the American Board of Pathology